Many countries have their own variation of curry. Some are easier to make than other while some are so complicated and difficult to make. Even gathering all the ingredients might pose a challenge to certain places of the world. To make life easier, many companies make pre-made instant curry paste to suit our increasingly busy lifestyle of modern society. This time we have chosen to try the A1 Mountain Globe Instant Curry Paste for this recipe.
Preparation time: 1 hr
1kg Chicken meat
3 Large potatoes
1. Cut chicken meat into smaller pieces.
2. Chop the onions into fine pieces.
3. Cut potatoes into smaller chunks
4. Cut lemongrass into 5cm in length
5. Add 2 tsp of oil, Chicken meat and 1/4 packet of A1 Instant Curry Paste into frying pan and fry for 2-3 mins in high heat. Then set aside for later.
6. Add in onion, lemongrass, potatoes and 1/4 packet of A1 instant curry paste into frying pan and fry in high heat until the onions turn golden brown.
7. Add in water to slightly covering all the vegetables in the pan. Then add in the remainding A1 instant Curry Paste and 400ml of coconut milk. Stir until everything blends together.
8. Place the chicken into the pan on top of the potatoes.
(Note: the secret here is to have the chicken meat sit on top of the potatoes and not submerged into the curry mix. This is to make sure the potatoes at the bottom get fully cooked and also prevent the chicken from over cooking.)
9. Cover the pan up with a lid, turn the heat to medium and cook for 45mins.
10. Try the chicken meat to see if it is fully cooked. Cook longer if needed. Can also add a bit of salt or sugar to your liking.
11. That's it, Your delicious Malaysian Chicken Curry is ready to serve with rice, roti or bread. Add in a tiny bit of lemon to enhance the flavours even more. Enjoy.